Monday, December 6, 2010

The Future of Advertising


We are often too obsessed about what the future will hold and "what's next?" in our industry. But you gotta love this quote from the always clever Saneel Radia:

"When a brand only says the same thing and only talks about itself, there are drawbacks. If you're the guy at the party doing that, I'd want to punch you in the face. I don't care to hear all the time about the new exciting things you have going. I'd like you to behave a bit more humanly. That's why I think we'll probably see things that look a lot less integrated. We may start to embrace the one-off a little more. I say that realizing that 'one-off' is regarded as a dirty word—'that's a great idea but it's a one-off.' But it shouldn't have a negative meaning. We'll see ideas that are created specifically for a particular medium. The same brand can act differently in different environments yet have its message based on the same core values throughout. Over the next 10 years, I think we'll see less uniform integration."

Read the full article at http://bit.ly/dT8vG1

No comments:

Post a Comment